It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-04-15

Tax Day

There was an interview with the leader of the IRS. I forget what he is called. it isn't like he is a CEO. Anyway, the running joke is that he doesn't do his own taxes. His excuse is that he does his own taxes, but has an expert go over line by line and make sure he didn't mess anything up. If I were him, I wouldn't do my own taxes either.

It is tax day. It was rainy and the day dripped with gloom and doom from moment one.The news had a financial guy on who said it is too late to work magic, but not too late to apply for an extension.

"The Taxman" by the Beatles keeps going through my head. the head of the IRS says you can hear it playing gently in the background in the IRS offices from time to time.

There is a Tea Party protest going on today. They, or perhaps I should say we are upset over how our taxes are being spent. The big news is that people who are anti Tea Party are attempting to infiltrate the protests and make people look bad by having things like raciest statements being heard and misspelled signs and such. This is a wonderful thing to have on tax day. If memory serves, "decent is the highest form of patriotism".

No comments: