It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-04-06

Name that tune

Do you remember the show called "Name that tune"? I've heard that show mentioned three times in the last week on unrelated podcasts. People use it in the following contexts.

  • Name that "The Next Generation" plot in the shortest time possible while watching an episode for the first time.
  • "I can do this podcast in 2 beers." "I can do this podcast in 5 beers." "Do that podcast."
  • The show was referenced by someone who was complaining about glitchy phone calls. "I feel like I'm playing Name That Tune."

This was in a week. I wander if it is time for a new "Name That Tune" concept show. Something to do with clips from TV or movies and naming as much information about the shows as possible kind of thing. 

That little game show is actually being done in one of the science fiction podcasts I listen to and it is riveting. They do not do contestants. It is actually the other way round. They have some person external to the central group who puts these clips together and tries to stump the panel of people who do the podcast.

No comments: