It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-04-23

High School Memory

One of the only memories from high school that sticks with me is as follows.

It was during lunch. I started to walk up one of the fifteen sets of stares. it was a split stair with a little flat area in the middle. I was on my way up and two girls were on their way down. I don't remember what they looked like. I couldn't pick them out of a lineup.

As we past each other on the stares, I looked back at the girls and they looked at me. I tripped over a stair and did something amazing. I fell and rolled up the stares landing at the top, on my back. No idea how this happened. The girls giggled and I got up and left.

That's it. That is the most vivid memory I have from high school.

Other memories on steps in high school include helping a girl on crutches up the stares. She was pretty.

Another memory is when some delinquent put cheese mayo on the door handles exiting the well.

Another is me standing on a stare saying good by to a good friend who was leaving for another state and wishing I would kiss her, but it is was against the rules. I would kiss her years later after she came back, but it never lead to anything.

Another memory is sitting next to one of the stares over lunch and wishing I was just not there. Anywhere, but there.

Mostly, my memories of school are like that last one. I just wanted to not be there. I just wanted to be out and gone. I had no plan I just wanted out and away. There was no way to do anything good there and there was nothing waiting for me on the other side. I didn't care and no one cred whether I cared or not. It was bad.

The memories of school haunt me. When I hear someone speak fondly of school, I feel pain. I find the idea of the TV show Glee offensive. My god I was miserable.

Things are better now. Life is so much better than planning for and learning about life.

No comments: