It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-04-20

Email HTML

Work is busy, but I jot down notes at there for the blog when I have a chance. I try to strike when the iron is hot and finish things up at home.; This means I need to take information from work to home. It needs to be in a form that I can edit and modify once I get it home.

I've tried just writing things down in Thunderbird at work and copying and pasting them in to Google Docs at home. The trouble is, there is a bunch of formatting that comes along for the ride and screws up my fonts on the Blog. This happens whether I paste the information in to the body of the email or I attatch the file as HTML. I'm not sure I care too much to be honest. Still, I like the blog to be consistent.

So, what is wrong with jotting down notes in text format? Well, I like to keep bold, italic and heading settings inside the text. I also like to throw together tables occasionally. If you do straight text, you loose all those settings as well. So, I want formatting and I don't want the email to screw it up. This is a tall order it turns out.

I may be able to paste the HTML code in to the body of the email. This kind of sucks because you don't get clean emails, but if it gets the code home without screwing it up, then so be it. I'm tired of having to jump through so many hoops. I wander if just renaming the file from HTML to TXT might fix the problem.

No comments: