It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-03-27

Flip Fail

I have the Flip Mino HD. I tried to film something earlier today and the camera over heated. It also ran out of record time and the battery was nearly drained. This camera is awesome to throw in you pocket and go, but it needs replaceable batteries, a wider angel lens out of the factory, and it needs to take SD cards like every other camera in the universe.

By over heating I mean the camera turns off and complains about being too hot if you turn it back on. You have to let it cool before you can do anything beyond pulling stuff off the camera. The temperature was below 80 degrees Fahrenheit in the garage. I was pounding like mad for over 50 minutes building a shelving unit and the camera was not warm to the touch. The little warning message came up about heat and the camera shut it self off.

I may consult with Nat over purchasing a replacement. I have no idea what will work better. The Flip takes relatively good video and very good audio for my two cents. I fear trying to identify what camera will keep up with the performance and give me the features I listed above.

No comments: