It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-02-01

Sunday Evening Music and Video

Got the text with the time and headed to PJ's. I tried to convince Nat to go. I think she would have enjoyed it. They don't turn the volume up too damn loud. You can still talk to your friends and hear the music.

I walked in the door to Lance and Justin waving me over. We chatted for a while and enjoyed a couple artists taking their turn on stage. It's funny how much talent there is out there just walking around. I want to go back and video some other folks.

When the fellas went on stage, they really looked like they were enjoying themselves. Justin has this box he uses for percussion. It works great. It is like a portable drum kit. He should take that thing to Faire. He would be a huge hit. At one point Justin uses Lance's guitar as part of the percussion. The crowd seems to like it.

I snuck up to the front and shot some video. It was fun. One of the regulars told me to move the bits of stage out of my way next time, that no one would care. It is a very friendly place. I imagine as long as i don't get between people enjoying the show, I'll be OK. I'm shocked how well the Flip recorded the sound. Not a half bad job.

The guys came off stage and looked electric. They loved performing. The crowd applauded. I have to say that I've only experienced that once or twice in my life, after plays I was in. It is addictive.

Nat was a real sweetheart and gave me rides to and from PJ's. Nat has been worried about her mother. She is not in the best health. Any spare prayers are appreciated. Elle was with Bill.

When I got home, I put the videos on the computer and started editing. It took me two tries because I thought there were three songs and figured out after my first attempt at uploading that there were four. It turns out if you change the name of a video too soon after uploading it, it blows a gasket. Lesson learned. I ended up re-uploading them this morning before work. That didn't leave me any time to post a blog entry or hit the social media sites.

Lately, I've been watching a bunch of vlogs. It seems like there are about ten good ones and thy are all in cahoots. They are all New York collage students who are friends. As a matter of fact, the vlogs are much better than Friends ever was. So, I've been aching to add some content. I got it, thanks to other's talent and hard work.

Ate after the show. I had one beer. I woke up this morning with a headache. I had acid reflux all night because I ate so late. God, I'm old. Had a ball.

Let/s try an embedded play list and find out what we get. ... Dagnabit. It is playing in reverse order. I'll figure it out eventually.

No comments: