It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-01-18

Shooting Video in Public

Boston is arresting people who film the police doing their job. They call it illegal wire tapping. The cops can video the citizens. Those hold up in court all the time. The idea is you have to tell people you are videoing them before it is legal to do so. If I take out an ad in the local paper informing the public that my phone has a camera and I'm probably filming everything that goes on around me, does that count? 

The government is not your friend. The police are not your friends. Police are there to keep the piece. There is no right to freedom of speech or expression in the U. S. unless you have the resources (lawyers) to back it up. Only the broke and the rich have rights. That should be the mantra of the middle class.

I'm just now getting in to this whole shooting video thing. I like the idea of putting some media out on the net. It is a share thing. It makes me feel like I have left some mark for the better. Every time I try to look up the laws about who is able to film what and put it where I get a different answer. The rules are a moving target. Every state has laws. Some of those laws appear to violate the constitution. What do I know about the constitution, I'm just a citizen. You know, the one that annoying piece of paper is supposed to protect.

I want lines dammit! I want rules that make sense to follow. I am not out to get any one. I'm not out to out anyone. I just want to know what the rules are and how to work within them.

No comments: