It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-01-23

Sanctuary

I want to like this show. I do not. I watch it on hulu when it is available.I don't know why I don't like it. The graphics have gotten better as the series has progressed. The acting is good. I just don't buy the stories. 

One of the 'experts' identified an armor piercing steel jacket 9mm by the shell casing only. They just got through talking about the long blood spatters left by the bullet pasing through someone's head. That sort of thing is lessoned by the fact that a bullet is armor piercing, not increased. Armor piercing bullets have the same amount of energy as normal bullets, they are designed to pass through things and not do damage to the things they hit (except by piercing them of source). This means less blood spatters.

I hate that. I hate when I know more about ballistics than TV.

Worse, the woman who was the expert is Indian. She turned to someone after making these statements and said [from memory] "You thought I was a token Indian didn't you?" I answer to the screen "Well, now that you mention it..."

This is a failure from the producers and writers as well as a systemic symptom of Hollywood pandering to stupidity. Don't you think that geeks who have not much else to worry about, will look up facts about things they might find interesting like how guns work? They know these days hoe guns work because they play games that go to great pain to make the fighting as real as possible without any real danger. You are making a show to make money off these people. You should try to understand them just a little bit.

I hate this show. I'm not watching any more.

No comments: