It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-01-29

Power Supply Woes at Work

Nearly burned my office down this morning.

I walked in to work and popped a new power supply in to a box. We have an exchange warranty on hardware so when the power supply crackled popped and smoked we sent in a ticket.

Got the new power supply. Popped it in. and snap crackle and smoke. Unplug. Take the case off to make sure it is not on fire. Hand to someone else to deal with. Well, maybe not. I'm sure this will be my problem.

There must be a short on the motherboard. Fortunately we have people at my company who are great at finding that kind of thing.

The motherboard will need to be replaced. I have to call HP Monday and walk through the destination. The motherboard will need to be re;laced. The replacement will fall on my shoulders. I suck at it. We have people who are great at it, but they will not be called in to help.

The excitement of a fire did wake me up.

No comments: