It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-01-30

Paranormal Activity

I watched the movie Paranormal Activity.

I don't get it.

Not only was I never scared. I had a hard time sympathizing with any character. If anything, I wanted to hear what the ghost had to say.

Why are people so hung up on ghosts from the past. Must there be a story behind all hauntings? Are evil people still evil after they die? There are so many random crimes committed every day that if people had a choice to do anything after death it would be to continue doing the same thing they did in life. Which, would most likely be random crimes since that is what happens more often in life.

Enough about the plot. I hated the characters. I was glad they were being haunted. I didn't feel bad for them, even at the end. There was no protagonist. None that I found antagonistic. I was definitly rooting for Darth Vader in this flick.

The style left me cold. The single camera layout of this movie made me itchy. I ached for more shots from the tripod. A five minute video is OK if it is jumpy. I'm upset with entire movies shot from the hip. I'm so glad I did not pay to watch this in a theater.

No comments: