It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-01-28

iPad

So, I have been reading a couple comments about the iPad. Mainly people think the name is stupid. Mainly people thing the idea is not what people want. Then, the griping starts about it doesn't do this or that. It has too many limitations to do what I want. It costs too much. It is a Kindle killer, but it really isn't .

After looking at the specs this is the Apple equivalent of a netbook. It has that touch interface that Apple is so frigging proud of. It has an on screen keyboard or you can use a bluetooth keyboard. Maybe a mouse, but I bet the touch interface takes over. I kind of hate people touching my frigging screen. 

I herd someone say that Apple wants families to buy six or seven of these things. One for every room and or person in the house. You go from one to the other and they can tell who it is is and adopt your settings and persona. Yadda yadda. I prefer sitting in front of a desk to deal with the invasion of the outside world in to my world. I like being able to get up and walk away from it at times.

This just doesn't feel like the next big thing to me. What do I possible know about that sort of thing. I'm a nobody. I'm a consumer. I'm a computer geek. This thing has little geek apeal to me. It just seems like a fail waiting to happen.

Haven't ten different computer manufacturers gone down this road? Microsoft did and dropped the whole tablet PC line after a while. The Census people had tablet computers purpose built last time around. They made the news. Same after Katrina. People from the government and insurance companies walked around taking pictures whit GPS and adding notes to a database.

All in all, I feel a resounding collective yawn.

No comments: