It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-12-13

Pandorum

Pandorum

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you have not seen the film STOP NOW!

This is a pretty awesome movie. It is a zombie flick in space. Except they are super zombies who are not only fast, but have heightened senses and strength. I liked the ending to be honest. I got very tired of hand to hand combat.

Then comes the science. I got tired of people walking in normal gravity on a round ship clearly designed to use centripetal force to fake gravity. It was distracting. The first frigging thing people would have noticed when they woke up is "Hey, why the hell is down the wrong way?" The crashed ship was even at an angle nose down so why were people standing up straight and not leaning towards the stern?

The ship is round. Everything is designed from the get go to have 'down' equal 'out' or away from the stationary center of the ship.. I noticed something wrong when they were near the bridge and they had, wait for it, gravity along the inside axis of the ship. "Only the hub of the ship should have gravity" I said to myself. What an enormous gaping canyon in the plot.

Did they explain this away in the film? Did I miss the "Any old BS will do." science fiction answer? There was one time when the guy was in the Geoffry's Tubes crawling arouind and he says "I'm at an angle." as he watches beads of sweat fall off his nose.

It pisses me off when I notice stuff like this. I wish I could just sit and wait for the plot to play out. I cannot.

The crazy guy's battle with himself was just plane distracting.

No comments: