It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-12-17

Day

It doesn't matter how much work I put in to making something. If it doesn't do exactly the same thing the old thing did, I"m screwed.

I'm crazy busy at work. I have all kinds of work to do and the big boss comes in to my office and gets me to install a bunch of monitors in people's offices. That is something I do, but it is getting in the way of getting all the other stuff done that needs to be completed before the end of the year. I do it and get back to work. Some new computers came in today.  I busted my ass all day. They got their money out of me.

We did go to the Christmas lunch today. It was good food in a restaurant I had been in before. The chicken was good. The cheese cake was good. I missed Natalie. I wish we could have brought spouses. There were some couples. We have several at the company. That is scary. I'm not sure I like the idea of both incomes in the same basket. I suppose that is about where we are, Nat and I have one income in one basket.

By the end of the day, I was just plane broken. I could stay after 18:00 and maybe get something done, but my brain is fried. My will is gone. I was lucky to make it home without stumbling in to another universe where there are no computers or printers or engineer tinkers. Tomorrow I get to come back and do it all again. My home life is suffering. My family has to suffer me.

I was supposed to take two weeks off. There is no way I can do that now. My record of taking no two week vacations is still in tact. I'm too tired to think or do anything that might be misconstrued as creative. Everything has been milked from me.

No comments: