It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-12-29

Bucket of eyes


Photovoltaic Eye Implant Could Give Sight To the Blind on Tuesday December 29, @02:27PM

MikeChino writes with this snippet from Inhabitat: "Researchers at Stanford University recently announced that they have developed a new artificial retina implant that uses photovoltaic power and could help the blind see. The problem with previous implants was that there was no way send power to the chip in order to process light and data inside the eye, so the new device uses miniature photovoltaic cells to provide power the chip as well as to transmit data through the eye to the brain. The new device has great promise to help people afflicted by the loss of photoreceptor cells by using the power of the sun."

SlashDot



Amazing news. I cannot wait until I can chose a wide angle or tellaphoto focus and record things with my eye implant. Of course, I'll need a nice microphone somewhere as well. Get to work on that one you crazy scientists.

In Blade Runner, the scientist who did the eyes made me cringe.

No comments: