It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-10-14

MySpace blows!

There is a mass exodus from MySpace. Or does the following sound better? MySpace is hemorrhaging users. They have lost 20% of U. S. traffic since June. News Corp is kicking themselves in the ass for buying MySpace. Brick and motor companies need to figure out that when they buy something new and 'hip', it is no longer new or 'hip'. The new or 'hip' thing or people have sold out and are now uncool and 'last week'.

My problem with MySpace was people's pages. Every page had so much crap on it that you could not get to any content that might have accidentally shown up. I remember a Simpson's episode where Homer had a page with way too many distractions and no content. It was not until he started putting up gossip, which is arguably content, that people liked his 'blog'. MySpace pages had multiple videos and sound links that all tried to load right along side all the animated graphics that your friends had cursed you with in the comment sections.It was poor planning and bad design.

I don't remember the last time I logged in to MySpace that wasn't to read someone's blog entry. I haven't updated my page in about six months or more. I bet I count as a current user.

No comments: