It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-10-01

The Carter Amendment

Of all the people on the planet I wish would retire and shut up, Carter is number one. He is 85 and going strong. I heard on the radio this morning that there is a new Carter Museum with all kinds o interactive crap that sounds like it cost a fortune. How much of my tax money is spent on satisfying Carter's need to feel needed?

A friend of mine things Jimmy Carter is a genius. I agree. I also think he is and was a poor leader. I've heard from multiple directions that Carter had great ideas and big plans. He was not listened to by his subordinates and did not understand that people smile, nod their head in agreement, then stab you in the back just because they can. Foreign powers have evoked the name Carter in an attempt to get their way with current administrations. Carter has traveled over seas to act in the name of the U. S. without title or permission.

Is Jimmy Carter antisemitic? I'm not sure how to prove or disprove this. There are plenty of anecdotes and quotes from Carter that people try to mold in to a pattern that proves Carter has it in for Jews or Israel. I do not know.

It is time there was a constitutional amendment to limit the power of ex presidents to humanitarian needs and to ban them from diplomatic effect. Their name should not be used to sway current administrations. Nor, should they be aloud to spend tax dollars on libraries or private organizations at any time. Their control of government and people in the government should be ended the moment they leave office.

Does any other nation allow ex leaders to act as though they still had power?

This would not affect Carter's home building. This would not have stopped Clinton from retrieving the couple of reporters he did recently. They would still receive protection by the Secret Service. They would simply be prevented from interfering in international affairs using their name as leverage to get what they want instead of what the nation wants.

Now, to show how I feel on the matter I'll make a confession. This morning when I heard Carter on the radio I said "That bastard is going to live for ever. He will be 115 and I'll still have to listen to him on the radio." Nat quickly changed the station in the car. I continued mumbling on the subject.

No comments: