It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-09-26

Walking Camera

My old Cannon 550 is showing it's age. The batteries no longer take a charge. The buttons are all rubbed off. It still takes pictures, but makes a funny noise when it starts up. I paid like $400 or something for it when 5 megapixel cameras first came out.

If I were buying today I would get the Nikon CoolPix L20 or something close to it. it just fits my budget of $100. Yes, I have to get an SD card too, but those are $10/$15 or so for a 4G. The prices on this stuff has plummeted. 

While doing research on a cheap replacement snapshot camera, Nat offered me her camera. it is an old CoolPix 4600. She is sweet. I wish she would leave that camera in the car. It is nice to have a camera laying around if something suddenly comes up while out driving. It is nice of her to offer. she was kind of freaked that her phone, which is 5mp is higher resolution than the camera.

The priority of having a camera that is dedicated has dropped auite a bit. With the advent and popularity of cameras on phones, the need for a seperate digital camera has wained.

No comments: