It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-09-21

Very Local News

It was a nice ride in this morning. The bus was packed, but not so bad you couldn't get round if you needed to. Every other person had to put money on their card which means running to the middle of the bus to put money on the card and then back to the front to pay. I was at the back so I just got to watch the fun.

"The Guiding Light" started on radio. You know, before TV was invented. It was produced by cooperations. It was all about product placement. Seventy years or so. Now it's gone. The era of soaps is over, so they say. People have enough drama in their own lives these days I suppose.

Don't expect a competitor to the Rumba from Dirt Devil. At least, not one that was engineered in the U. S.. There was a story on NPR how those engineers were dropped like a dust bunny earlier this year. Plenty of competition from China I bet. People are asking if China will lead the way out of the recession instead of the U. S.. I understand and cannot call them bad people for asking.

Had a chat with one of the 'old timers' at work. We spoke of z-80 and 80-08 chips, CPM and DOS, paper tape and punch cards, Packard Bell and Teletype. It was refreshing.

I am interested in researching just how IED (improvised Explosive Devices) are made. I missed my calling as an engineer. I have zero intention on becoming a terrorist or being a bad guy. If anything I look forward to writing a book one day that may have some of this subject matter included. I at least want to sound like I know what I'm talking about. How does one look up such a touchy subject for the purposes of self education only without ending up on the wrong lists?

A mental hospital lost a dangerous patient at a county fair. "Criminally insane killer on the loose" was thrown around. They say the longer he is off his meds the more likely he is to kill. Heads will roll, hopefully the pink slip kind.

My God, I'm going to watch House tonight. I want to know what the hell is going to happen in the asylum. I try so hard to be detached from shows and thus not committed to a series. I hate the character of House. I find him grating and hard to watch sometimes. Someone once told me you have your best actor play the bad guy. People want to like the good guy. People need to hate the bad guy. Maybe that is why House works so well. People seem to love to hate him. ... Wait a minute. That was last week? Or was it?

No comments: