It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-09-12

USB keys

From Left to right:

  • 128 MB. Too fat to fit in many USB ports, especially on the front of some cases, this USB key has served me the longest.  I now use it for small boot drives. It is too small to haul very much around the network.
  • 1 GB. This USB key was purchased by my parents at Wal-Mart for $9 as a "every one else got something" gift. The lanyard came with it. I use this as a loaner. I cannot find the lid. I hate USB keys with lids these days.
  • 1 GB. This is a Sony USB key. It is cool looking with clear plastic. It looks just like the key used in a movie. I cannot remember which one. The lids are tethered together. I've had trouble with this drive refusing to be used as a boot device. My father gave me this drive a long time ago.
  • 4 GB. This is a work horse. At the moment, this is my go to drive. I use it for everything. I haul files around. I use it for podcasts. It has been through the washer. The lid is in my desk drawer at work. I do not use it any more. The little handle thing on the back is broken. Still works like a champ. It isn't even the same color it was when i got it. The lanyard is a dress shoe string. I use that kind because they are the correct length and once you tie them, they never come untied.
  • 16 GB. Future work horse. I use this drive sparingly at the moment. Only a precious few folks know I have it. There is no lid. I have had such good use out of my other Kensington that I got another. This time I specifically got a drive with no lid. There is a thumb handle on one side that slides the USB probe in and out of the plastic. That is another dress shoe string for a lanyard.

No comments: