It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-09-11

September eleventh two thousand nine

My goodness, it is 9/11. It has been eight years and I still have a twinge or a pang when I hit the date. it has been like this every year since 2001. The first couple years were not that big a deal because there was some kind of remembrance. it helped me cope. The bad feeling I get is getting worse because so many people and government entities are blowing off the 9/11 day and even trying to hijack the day for other reasons.

There are people all over Facebook and Twitter talking about "Yay America" and the like. Some others are more sullen. That isn't what I'm talking about. There was a little meeting in 2002 at my last job for folks who wanted to go. There was something on TV about the progress being made to get the sons'a'bitches who perpetrated the terror act in New York. ti seems like we have gotten a whole lot of expensive nowhere in the last nine years. I do not expect to get any further in the foreseeable future.

NPR had a little story on the same subject. They didn't have a solution. They did mention that I'm not the only one who preys for retribution. That made me feel better in a "I'm not the only one." sort of way.

No comments: