It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-09-15

Google Docs still sucks

You do not have control over the format of dates in your spreadsheets. Well, you can change the US/Europe settings and the day and month will flip places. You also loose your currency settings with that. I do not want day/month/year. I want year/month/day. You cannot get this setting for date in Google Docs. This is ridiculous. The fact that GD has no facility to support date formats makes me yearn for a better online solution. I hear Microsoft Office is going to an online version. I bet you can change the date format in a spreadsheet.

So, why do you still use Google Docs Kelly? Well, I do not feel like I have a choice. I want to keep my documents online for better backup and access from multiple points. Yet, I want something that works and lets me do things that many offline office suites do. That is not too much to ask. It has not happened.

Open Office online is what I want. I am happy with Open Office. It does everything with the exception of using a common scripting language for macros that I want from an office suite.

No comments: