It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-09-16

Day Off Yesterday<

I took yesterday off. I woke with a sore throat and feeling like crap and decided to keep it to myself and my family. Elle had a low grade fever last Friday. She is better now.

Today was much better. The extra seven hours of sleep yesterday helped. I didn't do much else to hinder the illness. Drink fluids, rest, avoid alcohol,. You know the routine.

It was fun going with Nat to pick up Elle. Got to run in to Frow Moveyourass. She is the woman with the bullhorn who reads the window sign and bullhorns the grade and name to the top of the line. It is a surprisingly efficient mechanism.

The rest of the days was spent surfing the net and generally getting nothing done. Well, I did pay some bills. that counts. The bills needed doing, but I wander if I did them in order to stave the discomfort of waking from a dream with a start, sitting up and muttering to myself "I paid the mortgage this month." I just had to go check and sure enough I had paid the mortgage.

I sent a text to Adam after 18:00 and asked "Did I miss anything at work?" He texted back with "Yup." and I couldn't get any more out of him after that. I was left hanging. Dammit! What did I miss? It turned out he had a busy day. Something cool did happen at work. Adam was pleased that his lack of response had me on pins and needles. Yup, that sounds like Adam.

No comments: