It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-08-08

Wireless

I got the wireless gizmos working on my laptop. It turns out it was much harder in Ubuntu 8. This is Ubuntu 9. i just had to find the correct utilities, settings and password for the router. Oh, and you have to disable the MAC address check, or add your MAC to that list. Something has to give. I was wondering why I could not get the system to hook up even when I turned incription off. Oh, and you have to hit the wireless button.

There is a command called iwconfig that tells you what all the settings are and wether or not you are transmitting.

There is another command you need to install called iwcd. This is the GUI that is the wireless settings control panel equivelent in windows.

Nat was not impressed. "It doesn't helpe me."

So we got ice cream.

No comments: