It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-08-24

Very Local News

Pupperware parties. You have got to be kidding me. I have sympathy for any legal way to earn supplemental income in these trying time. Yee-gads. Things are getting out of hand. It used to be Tupperware, Avon and Amway used to be the big draws. Now there is every kind of direct sales you can imagine. It makes me ill. Still, I have a hard time blaming any one for doing it. Don't be offended when I say no.

Snowleopard (Apple's new OS) is coming soon. It will beat Windows 7 to the consumer. Yee-haw. Apple really likes the name 'OS-X' pronounced OS ten. I await OS 11 or whatever they cal lit.

Someone puts a program on your computer. When you log in to your bank, a live person sneaks on your computer and starts transferring money using your IP address and your authentication in a browser window you cannot see. How are you even supposed to fight that? "It wasn't me." "It's is your IP address. All the personal questions were answered correctly." You are just screwed at this point. It is enough to make me rethink online banking all together. Too bad my bank's closest outlet is in another city.

I finally watched the whole "Doctor Horrible Musical Blog" or whatever it was called. It was really good.

I set up Facebook to take pictures and video from my phone. The way Facebook is going it may replace the functionality of Twitter entirely. At the moment the only thing I cannot do is send an SMS straight to Facebook for a status update. That would make Twitter useless to be honest. Only a couple people get my Twitter posts, but a bunch of folks find my Facebook posts and comment there.

Sleep deprivation is torture, unless it is your child crying that keeps you up all night. Then it is parenting.

I was on the phone with Natalie this afternoon when a thunderstorm rolled through. She mentioned that the first drop or rain just hit the fireplace. It echoes. I looked out the office window trying to identify the column of rain that was over our house. A bolt of lightening popped near where I was looking. I heard the thunder over the phone from Na's end. She said it was very close to her and very bright on my end. Scary. She hung up with me.

Elle has this RFID key chain she has to carry to buy breakfast and lunch. We have to put money in the account. I'm not sure why she doesn't have a key and a pin. It used to be so much easier when I was a kid. If you had a hole in your pocket, you went hungry.

No comments: