It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-08-14

Very Local News

Experts say the recession is over. Consumers say 'what recession? I am in a depression. Let the other guy start spending." As for me, I'm only buying what I need. If I can make it last, I do. France and Germany's economies grew by 0.03%. Well, screw them. I'm in Texas.

My G1 phone (Android) does not handle extensions very well. I get a message that it cannot dial the number. There is no place to put a zzz-zzz-zzzz xzzz or something like that. Maybe a separate field is needed.  Do not need to automatically dial the extension. I just need to know it and have it displayed when I pick the number. A quarter of the people in my phone book have the same work phone number as myself. The difference is the extension. Get on the stick Google.

The light is flickering in the men's room since the power blips yesterday. A lot of stuff seems to have been affected by those blips. Anyway, Every time I walk in the head this morning, I have a flash back to Duke Nukem 3D or some variant where there was a mens room where the lights flickered and you were jumped by a bunch of bad guys when you walked in. There was a mirror and duke said "Damn, I'm lookin' good." The first time he saw himself in it.

I heard the term "IED" used to describe the device that brought down the Lockerbe plane. I think the term IDE, Improvised Explosive Device, should not be used for just any non-manufactured device. Some of the IEDs used in Iraq were made in part outside the country. I bet the bits only came in the country because they were going to be used in a device of war so it is hard to call it improvised. I doubt the bombers pull a McGiver and make a bomb out of toothpaste and fingernail clippings.

Golf may be in the Olympics. I refuse to buy it. That is, I think it is a rich white man's game that is currently dominated by a middle class black man. Baseball is on the list of games that get voted on for a while. No dice.

Some of the members of the house of commons (congers) in Briton get 83 days of paid holiday a year. This may change due to the fact that people are seriously pissed at the MPs.Many are resigning and nearly half are expected to be defeated in their next election. The British are about to hit the reset button on their government some have said. We should consider this action in the U. S..

The GamerWok guy says half the people at his work have Facebook on one screen and all their work on another screen. I believe it.

No comments: