It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-08-05

Very Local News

I need to write a book about suffering in the Houston Humidity. I just spin a tale of woe that will earn me a Nobel Prize for suffering. It is August in Houston.

I got a complement on my recent Tweet about the bird on the bus. "it is so abstract." They read me!!! They really read me!!!

Could you imagine trying to dredge Buffalo Beau today to make a ship channel? It would never happen. No one will let you change Mother Nature enough to get things like that done today. Environmental impact studies will always turn up some endangered camel-scrotum-flea that must be considered above mere human needs. I wonder if there will ever be a project by Wester Civilization again as grandiose as the Panama Canal for example.

Southern Comfort is going to spend their entire advertising budget of 8 million dollars completely online. Not sure what they expect to get out of it. They are dropping TV, magazines, events. All online. Wonder if it is a stunt, or how long it will last.

I had  to take my contacts out at around 15:00 today. The left one was bugging me yesterday. I replaced it this morning and the brand new contact lens feels like a brick in my eye. I'm warring my old glasses, the small ones. They still make things more clear than my current glasses. I believe this is because they are not bifocal. They are just one fixed focus, and well fixed.

Mark this day. I agree with Ariana Huffington from the Huffington Post. She commented on the opportunity cost of bailing out Wall Street and the  Not just the money, but the economic power has been sapped from the U. S. and handed to a bunch of rich bankers who have so much money now, they will have trouble spending it all. Most of that is me. She was in there somewhere.

No comments: