It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-08-31

Monday Morning

Nat offered me a ride in this morning because I have a week's supply of lunch stuff to tote along. Nat also got Elle up an extra 10 minutes early because she has been dragging ass in the morning. Like mother like daughter. It is funny how things change when you have kids.

We ended up at Elle's school seven minutes early.  When it was time to take Elle to the door, Nat picked her up and threw her over her shoulder. I'm thinking "I thought you said your back was hurting." Nat mentioned it was the only way to get a hug out of Elle when she gets dropped off.

"Mom your are embarrassing me." Elle protests.

"No I'm not." Nat assures Elle.

OK, I didn't hear the conversation, but that was the relayed to me and a bit of embellishment on my part. Nat doesn't think Elle should say things like that yet. "She is six." Nat protests.

The whole moment made me feel like a member of a family. Not that I hadn't felt like part of a family you understand. Just more so this morning.

No comments: