It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-08-20

Glasses

Not my regular glasses. These are the dime store magnifying glasses that I use at work with my contacts to read the screen. I had a pare from my old job. That is over three and a half years ago. They were scratched and trashed. I treated them badly. I did not use them every day, but I used them a lot.

I had to trash them. One of the arms came off. The general state of the lenses said it was time. This pare had the springy hinges. That is probably the only reason they lasted as long as they did. I only paid $8 for them if memory serves. The glasses I got to replace them last night cost $11 something at CVS for two pare. The only choices of glasses at CVS were low power. They had tons of 1.25 through 2.0 additive glasses. I only found two sets of 2.5. One of which was the two pare in a package that I got.

So far so good.

I've toyed with the idea of ordering some computer glasses from ZenniOptical.com for work. I used to have a pare of glasses made specifically for the computer. They worked well. The dime store ones do not account for astigmatism. The really scary thing is that the ZenniOptical glasses are just as cheap as the glasses from the drug store and they are custom ground.

No comments: