It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-07-30

AT&T tribulations

Tried to call AT&T to get my password reset. It kept asking me questions I had never given it. If I ever make a movie about Superman, the first thirty minutes will be him dealing with the phone company and getting passed around from one menu to another. This would prove that even Superman is powerless against the might of the phone company. They have us over a barrel and they know it.

I ended up getting a wrong number from the ignorant American on the other end of the line and trying the online to give it another try. I prefer knowledgeable people on the other end of the phone regardless of where they sit. This woman sounded like a Mexican American. She kept trying to get me to log in to my AT&T email account. I kept trying to tell her I wanted to pay my bill. The number not working after she disconnected with me was priceless.

It turns out, if you enter the wrong information five times, you get prompted to use an email to bounce the temporary password. Who knew. I now know my AT&T password and I can go in and reset my stupid security questions. They will get written down in a top secret place this time.

I don't like AT&T. I have to use them for internet because we do not have cable and the cost would kill us if we tried to go that rout. We still have a phone mainly for 911 and hurricane coverage. It was nice to have a land line this past weekend to pay my frigging bill. It freaks me out when I think how hard it is to get in and pay your bill when things get even a half millimeter off the standard one size fits all mold that is their login page. I had  to clock out at work because their phone support is only open from 07:00 to 19:00. I'm on the road or at work that whole window.

No comments: