It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-06-25

Very Local News

Coffee

Some of the folks at work insist on a decent cup of coffee. I have to say that the name brand we have at work, purchased at Sam's every so often, is not bad. They just need to pay three times as much to feel better about themselves. I must say that I feel like they are pussies for buying the higher priced coffee. There is bad coffee, good coffee and over priced coffee. I still drink it. I still say thank you.

Flight

If I ever do fly anywhere in my life again, I think I will show up in boxers and flip flops with my passport in hand. The airlines are charging a fee if you don't pay the additional bag fee before you show up at the counter.

Swinging Dicks

What is with all the politicians admitting they have been unfaithful? I suppose the New York guy loosing his job has made all the other politicians want to air out dirty laundry, but it shouldn't make the frigging news any more that politicians think the rules are for other people and not themselves. come on. Plane crashes and floods people.

What do people expect to learn from this news? I'm not sure you can find an honest, faithful politician because people have to be ruthless and sometimes crewel to survive in the political universe. Kind, honest, stand up people don't seem to make it to the top in politics. It is a shame, but that is the world we have voted for all these generations. I doubt politicians in other kinds of governesses fare much better. Perhaps it is simply destiny that right assholes will end up being the ones in charge of the rest of us.

Is Fedora Still Relevant?

No.

Red Hat vomits a new version of Fedora every so often that breaks everything and no one goes and fixes this bugs. Screw Fedora. I'm going Ubuntu all the way.

I've been with Fedora because we use Red Hat at work so much. Red Hat linux is awesome, stable, capable, rugged, robust. Fedora ends up never working long enough get anything done. It breaks between updates and it breaks on updates. They use beta software in the official updates. The two distributions don't match any more.  The free version of Red Hat is CentOS. Red Hat claims they use Fedora for testing new technologies, but they should say it is a frigging alpha release.

What really pisses me off is that Flash ran fine on 10. I updated and I cannot play videos on all the relevant pages without problems or at all. It is not Flash because it is the self same object files that I had before in the updated browser and OS.

Belt

I have a real problem. I realized just how pudgy I was several months ago and decided to stop eating fries. I have eaten ten times my weight in fries so I can do without to be honest. I gave up most junk that I eat. Not all. I drink a soda or two a day.I drink a lot more water. I don't take cream in my coffee any more. Sometimes regular milk.

I bought a belt right before I started all this. Of course, I got the one that would let me get bigger. Now, my pants are falling off. I need to cut some new notches. I don't think we have a leather punch. My parents have dozens.

The pants I wore over the weekend were falling off. The pants I'm warring right now are falling off. I know I had no pants that were falling off before I started this little experiment. This experiment needs to go longterm if not permanent.

I know. "Bitch bitch bitch."