It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-06-01

Money

I listen to a podcast called Marketplace. It has been ridiculously depressing the last several months. They give plenty of good advice and ideas. Every one is broke. Everyone has a crisis going on. The bottom line is people and relationships. Money is state sanctioned trust. You trust the state (country) to honer the paper more than you trust your neighbor to not swindle you over a bushel of oats.

There is an application available for the G1 called ChompSMS. It has a tone of features. One I like, it breaks up twitter SMS by user name so you get a thread interface. I love that. That one feature is worth the price. ChompSMS is free. Basically it takes the time to install it. It also comes with an on-screen keyboard. Nice. Still needs a spell checker.

This evening I'm going straight home and paying bills. I'm going to try to take the same amount of money I paid to the car in to the savings account. We just might be able to pull it off.

I bought some safety glasses online. Wal-Mart wants six bucks a pare. Sam's doesn't normally carry over-glasses kinds of safety glasses. Home Depot wants ten bucks a pare for a single pare or six bucks for the same pare of safety glasses and one set of earplugs and a face mask. Still haven't figured that one out. I payed $2.50 each for 12 pare online. I also picked up another pare of fit-over sunglasses (safety glasses) for $6.95 as apposed to $11 at Wal-Mart for basically the same thing. Froogle, right? I use safety glasses for yard work and anything in the garage.

There is a new movie out called "Drag me to Hell". It is about a mortgage broker who says no one too many times. Something about an old woman cursing the broker when she is made homeless. It is refreshing to get a movie about someone besides a cop, lawyer, scientist, doctor, politician or writer.

Money, what money? It has become trendy to be broke. It is about time. It has been trendy to buy too much and get in to insane debt for most of my life. I've tried, and sometimes failed, to avoid that trend. I like and encourage living within one's means.

My brand new monitor is going out at the house. It is limping along annoyingly. I have another monitor to use when it dies completely. Right now I have to turn it on and off several times to let it warm up before it decides to work. It makes me think of all those old tube TVs we had that did something similar after several years of reliable use. This one is like nine months old. Maybe we will replace it and maybe not. I don't know how it will go.


[end]


No comments: