It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-06-06

Google docs is starting to piss me off

You have to put a space after titles or the spell checker things the last word of the tittle and the first word of the first paragraph are joined and marks them as misspelled.
"Normal" style looks exactly like no style at all. Normal has paragraph marks around paragraphs so your HTML looks correct when you put it on a page. You can't tell in Google Docs which paragraph has paragraph marks around it or not. You end up re-assigning paragraphs with Normal over and over. It is a time waist. If you make a style sheet that puts in a space between paragraphs, it works but you have to put it in every frigging document by hand, or open an old document and save it out as the new document. I'm sure I've lost some content doing it this way.
Once you use the google docs application on the G1, your documents are destroyed. You loose special characters and there is no hint of formatting on the G1 app.

Google is dropping the ball. They are so worried about taking on Microsoft they forget to make there stuff better than Microsoft.

I'm not looking for a lot. I just want some templates dammit. google docs is supposed to be a professional grade office productivity too. Not until some of this chicken shit stuff is handled I say.

This is my CSS page. Not very complex, I agree. Imagine having to type it in before you can use a document.

p {
  margin-top: 8px;
  margin-bottom: 8px;
}

No comments: