It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-06-07

Firefox vs Opera

I can't really compare the two right now because the Firefox available in Fedora 10 at the moment has a real problem. After the machine has been up for several hours it grinds to a hault and hangs. I have to power off and back on because I never manage to catch it befe it is too late.

Opera on the other hand runs for hours and hours and does most everything I as of it. I do get an error message every 4 YouTube vieeos, but it works after a refreash. I can live with that over a system hang. Trust me.

Opera is growing on me. I like the tabs and I like the layout. It seems faster than Firefox. It is more stable too. I don't know if it is justthe Firefox in Fedora 10 or all of Linuxdom. Fedora 11 comes out soon and I hope they have a new version of fedora. I wish they would include Opera as an option in Yum, supported directly by the Fedora project. Give us options guys. This one is worth it.

Firefox has a few plugins like the one that lets me copy as HTML or text from the context menu. That I'll miss if this hiades keeps up.

No comments: