It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-06-03

Feeling Oppressed in the U. S.

I'm white in case you didn't know. I happen to be male. I a ma white male. The blame of everything wrong in the world rides on my shoulders. Who knew?

We have a supreme court justice nominee who will be put in place I feel who openly says her race and sex makes her better than white men. This is not a step forward. This is a step sideways.

This is not justice. This is not pay back. This is bad. She will be placed in power because the party that won the last election want it to happen and will dare any one to get in their way.

"Out and proud." "Black power." "Girl power." Those slogans and hundreds of others are just fine with the establishment. They promote victimization. They say "I agree to be a victim of circumstances and allow my political masters to use me as a pulpit for their own benefit."

This has become a mantra of late. To leap from cause to cause, riding the wave each time, climbing a ladder, using people and their situations as stepping stones to further political means is the goal.  There is no end game. There is no win. Once you have won, you are supposed to stop. The last thing politicians want is to win a cause or cure their chosen disease. That means they have to start over again or find a new poster victim.

I'm not proud of being white. I didn't choose to be white. I didn't choose to be legally blind. I didn't choose to be male. I didn't choose to be a dumbass who can't graduate collage. I didn't choose to be born in the U. S., but I am proud of her because she chooses to be better than the rest of the world and makes it happen.

No comments: