It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-06-15

Fedora 11 upgrade continued

There have been several hiccups. I'm glad I had Opera installed to take up the slack for the beta version of Firefox. All in all it went pretty smoothly. I only had a couple conflicts. I did have to run an update from yum that had 1900 rpms listed as update or install. That is a bit harsh. It took the better part of a day to download and install. They just haven't gotten the whole upgrade thing down. Fedora intends people to cut clean and install fresh.

I'm telling you, I'm going to switch to Ubuntu. They just do a better job realizing there are humans using their software and act accordingly.

It is a hustle to upgrade in the first place. i want to stay as up to date as possible. It helps with online of course, but I am a geek after all and want to be on the edge. Well, not the edge. I want to be on the blade somewhere and not so far behind that I get forgotten.

The 3.5xxb version of Firefox that came with Fedora 11 seems to have trouble with Flash. The sound just stops on pages when it does load at all. I have no idea how to fix it because it works just fine in Opera and I don't want to break that.


No comments: