It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-05-08

Very Local News

  • 36,000 people die from the flue every year in the U. S.. That is nearly 100 a day.
  • "We are the best funded German university, but we need to triple our budget to compete with American universities." The Germans are charging more fees and people are paying far more money for education. Yikes. Obama says to copy Europe and the Europeans are taking a page from the American funding book.
  • Frigging Windows. We have some machines at work with the EN1000 video video chipset from ATI. It is great for popping on motherboards for servers. It is a minimal video card and very cheap. Works. XP has no driver for it so when we use these boxes as workstations, we had to use other video cards. I had tried to use the server 2003 driver on XP, but it hadn't worked before. Dan got that to work .I wonder if it had to do with installing the video driver before service pack 3 for XP? I'm tired of thinking about it. I'm just glad we have something that works.
  • Some study says we are more happy with our jobs this year than in several years past. No one is fooled. People who have jobs are happy to have a job, for the most part anyway.
  • Banged my kneecap on a table leg a bit ago. It is the same table leg I've banged the same kneecap in to before. It always takes my breath away to bang my kneecap. Not sure why.
  • Chevron is suffering troubles from Texaco troubles in Ecuador and elsewhere. Dow Chemical has problems left over from the purchase of Union Carbide. It makes me wonder what the advantage is to buying another company.
  • I have a lump in my throat that tels me I'm getting sick. All the precautions and I'm still going to become ill. I haven't started oinking yet. I'm sure I'll blog it when it happens.
  • To save the U. S. from financial implosion, some experts say Baby Boomers should take up smoking again. This would kill them off more quickly, removing them as a burden. It would also raise much needed tax revenue and subsidize farming.

No comments: