It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-05-24

Monitor

My monitor is dying .It did not give me enough life. It is out of warranty. I'm going to have to replace it.  Drag. Today is not a good day for the broke. I am in luck. 22 inch LCD monitors run about $200 on Amazon. That is not too shabby. Some are more and some are less. of course. I do want DVI connections. and I would like 1920x1080 resolution. The one I have is a smidge short of that. No big deal to be honest.

I kind of want to buy this and then find a use for it. Not sure why.

If I were buying today, this is the one I would go with. It is a Dell, but I won't hold that against it. There are a ton of monitors still available that do not have DVI. That cracks me up.

The symptoms of my current monitor are similar to things I've seen in the labs at work. The monitor switches on dimly and then switches itself off. You turn it off and back on and it tries again. Sometimes it comes on for good. The number of times you have to switch it on before it stays increases and patients to deal with it decreases as time passes. One day it stops working all together. I've found that turning the brightness and contrast all the way up helps the monitor survive a bit longer.

My parents bought me this monitor. I've really gotten good use out of it. I use it every day.

No comments: