It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-04-28

Very Local News

  • I have one of those USB sound cards on my box at work. We order workstations that do not have them on the motherboard. It was $4.00 plus shipping. Not the most robust piece of hardware in history. When I increase or decrease the volume, the left channel is about 0.4 seconds faster than the right. I can live with that for $4.00.
  • All the power lines at the poles were buzzing this morning. I mean every single one I walked under. That kind of worries me. Does that mean the system is over loaded? Does it just mean it rained last night? Is it terrorists, aliens, vandals, vandal-alien-terrorists? Have they always done that? I haven't flushed my ears over the weekend or anything.
  • Sky news had a "Foreign Matters" entitled "no nukes is good nukes." They were talking about MAD. Mutual Assured Destruction not applying any more due to terrorists not giving a crap. Commy bastards.
  • EU advises against traveling to the U. S.. Many people in Mexico have died from Swine flue. Now ther ehas been an earth quake in Mexico city. Wars. All we need is a meteorite.
  • Had an opportunity to look busy in front of a client today. Fortunately, I was busy. Funny how that works.
  • Got VNC working on the phone. Well, it kind of works. it is so slow and difficult to use over the touch interface that is is pretty much useless. VNC and SSH are required tools for support people like myself. Handy to have them on the phone.

No comments: