It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-04-03

Very Local News

  • I give in. I need a loop to read my new phone. I need to find out where to get them. You have seen the ones I'm talking about. They stick to your eye, black.
  • I was almost, kinda, sorta, hoping for an easier day than I've had at work recently. Not. It, of course, turned out to be a thrill a minute roller coaster ride through an erupting volcano during a hurricane. SNAFU.
  • One of the podcasts today was a fiction story read by someone who spoke both Japanese and English fluently .The story was mostly English. It was about a sumo wrestler far in the future. It is a science fiction podcast.
  • "May you never face yourself in battle." This is a saying in Sumo. I remember a game of Dungeons and Dragons where the DM took our characters and made copies and  we had to fight ourselves. Our copies didn't have to worry about conserving ammunition or sparing components for the next day's fight. Even though only half our number was copied, we nearly lost. This is an important lesson in knowing when to be careful and when to go flat out. It all boils down to knowing your enemy ... and yourself.

No comments: