It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-03-25

Very Local news

  • I have quite a bit of respect for the BBC. I complain a lot about podcasts having one part at too low a volume and another part at to high a volume. Well, the BBC can't get it right. I should cut the rest of them some slack. it sounds like one of those things that is difficult that seems like it should be easy.
  • Remember when I banged myself on the head with the Maglite last year? Well, I banged my head on the corner of a desk recently on the other side of the forehead in nearly the symmetrically identical spot.  i think something got bumped back in its correct spot.
  • I'm sick of hearing about the AIG bonuses. I'm not happy with it. I do not think they should be strung up either. Settle the matter and move forward.
  • In this age of trillion dollar navies and nuclear weapons, pirates still rule one square millimeter of our seas.
    • Many of the ships being hit fly flags of convenience. Those are constructs of the country to collect some form of taxes while allowing the ship owners and operators to avoid most taxes and labor laws. Now they want someone to do something, but they do not want to pay for it.
    • Insurance companies are profiting from the piracy by charging higher premiums. Some say they know the military will not do anything about it.
    • Nothing is going to change until there is a stack of bodies to rally public opinion. So far few people have died. It cannot last.
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger has been in the U. S. for 40 years.
  • Zypad 1100 Military grade iPhone.
  • People keep talking about new battery technology. I want a gizmo that runs on my belly fat and charges all my stuff. I bet that one would sell like hotcakes. It would probably help the sale of hotcakes.
  • In Open Office 2.3, you can't just open an HTML file in the HTML editor that has "view HTML source" available on the view menu. You have to open Writer, then create a new HTML document to get that viewer up. I'll have to give it a try in 3.0 at home.

No comments: