It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-03-18

Very Local News

  • Fog was even thicker this morning. The side of the building was dripping when I walked from the bus stop in to the office this morning.
  • I want to write something. There is little boiling up from within that calls to be loosed upon the unwitting masses. The itch is there.
  • I listened to a poem in a podcast about a dog vomiting that didn't suck. It was really about the meaning of life.
  • One of the podcasts spoke of Fedora 10. They said it was great. As I listened I figured out they thing they liked was not really Fedora at all. It was the repositories available. This is consistent. The reason people use Windows is because of all the available software. The same is happening to several Linux distributions.
    Linux, for a while now, seems more and more like Windows. Linux crashes without good reason more often. Linux makes more and more stupid decisions based on popularity over usability or function. The list grows by the day.
  • One of the news texts I get from Yahoo is my horoscope. It said to take a break. I can't.
  • The pictures taken yesterday were put up on Picassa instead of my home server. I'm slowly going to retire the web server at the house. No one hits the web side of it and it ends up going down more from sitting in my house with power outages and me updating things without testing and the like than if I just used some free space out there somewhere.
    The site is over a gigabyte with the tons of pictures. I need a good piece of space to plant that space.
  • The new model for talk radio is going to be podcasts. Limbaugh may go that way. Stern may go that way. The model has been worked by a few already. I like it.
  •  The Fed is a federal agency, right? If the Fed is buying $300  billion in T-Bills, does that mean no one else wants them? China says "We have enough, thank you."

No comments: