It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-03-12

Very Local News

  • The L Word. is being canceled. NPR felt it was important enough to have a show about the end. Nothing happened. Several bullets were covered. Honestly, I'm glad I missed it.
    • gay women in LA.
    • race in combination with being gay.
    • adoption in combination with being gay.
    • The creator said "I don't care what the fans think."
  • "Don't drink the Cool-aid"  refers to the Jim Jones incident where his followers were willing to commit subside when he ordered them to do so. They drank cyanide laced Flavor-aid, which is a knockoff of Cool-aid. The  saying has become a way of telling people not to blindly follow people without question.
  • The Twitter creators were interviewed by NPR. They sounded lost and directionless
  • So many people are driving less and driving more fuel efficient cars that they are thinking strongly of raising the gas tax and taxing people for the number of miles they drive. The real solution looks like toll roads.
  • Something very strange happened today at lunch. I jogged to McDonald's. I had a coat on for the rainy chill. I had on steel toe work boots. I jogged because I just felt the urge. Then, when I had my food in hand, I jogged back. I tried to walk, but I wanted to feel my muscles work in my legs. I huffed and puffed, but it felt good. I didn't even cough that much.
  • That shooting spree earlier this week was described as "It sounded like were in Iraq." A few years ago it might have been Beirut. The gunman had a list of people who pissed him off and started at the top. There was another mass shooting in Germany by a teen. Unfortunately, this is a sign of hard times. The teen shot mostly girls at his school. No motive that I've heard yet.
  • ActiveX may be on the way out. Good riddance. Never had a good use for ActiveX. It was always more of a pain in the ass than a useful tool.
  • I heard someone use the term "Eurmarica" today. That scares the hell out of me. They were referring to he U. S. and Europe taking on the rest of the world in the financial markets. It makes me think of taking on China and other huge markets.
  • Book Titles:
    • Quantum from a Sane Person's Perspective
    • Quantum: The Ugly Truth
    • Bullshitting You Way Through Quantum Mechanics
    • Quantum in Death (J. D. Robb)
  • I was in the lab feverishly working on something and ran back to my office for something. ON the way I hear this error beep and my heart nearly skipped. It turned out to be the microwave in the common room. It cracked me up.

No comments: