It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-03-02

Very Local News

  • It was 39 degrees this morning on my way to work. The radio said the forecast called for mid sixties by afternoon. This made me think it was Oregon or some place. I heard they have weather like this in places far away like Austin. Houston is not supposed to be this pleasant. I'm afraid I might get used to non-shitty weather or something. Where is the humidity?! Where is the dank? the DANK!!!
  • Last night, I took the generic NyQuil  because I was feeling like crap and just wanted to sleep. I went to bed before the sun went down. I woke up at like 21:00 and took the NyQuil. Slept straight through. I was listening to a book on tape, but it has put me to sleep twice now. I have no idea what it's about.
  • Industrial purchases of equipment has fallen by unprecedented bounds. One thing that is growing is boos. Liquor is still going strong. "The economy is in free fall." is a phrase that keeps coming up from people who are not working directly for Obama.
  • Book Title Idea:
    • From a time when adventure mattered
    • A breeze in hell
  • If I kill a mouse with a hammer I get arrested. If I kill enough mice with a horrible chemical, I get a PHD.
  • Hair and fingernails do not continue to grow after death. The skin dehydrates and pulls tight. The bits of hair that were shaved to the surface of the skin now protrude. The fingernails appear to stick out far pas the end of the finger when it is really the end of the finger reseeding because of the same dehydration.
  • U2 was being interviews by the BBC. I hate the politics of U2. They are interesting blokes so I listened. Both sides were videoing each other. ... My mind is not changed.
    Can't you just go to your web site and listen to all the music wihtout paying for it?
    If you fall in love with the music, the band, you will want to be part of the environment around the music, be part of the experience.
    Pants philosophy. I will be part of the community. I'll blog the experience.
  • I read a fiction thing that was about full body replacement. It was cool that every one who had their conscious put in a body has tons of problems both with the new bodies (other gender, asthma), the dead person's families (they will see their dead relative walking around, but they are still dead), addictions, and their own friends (cracking bad jokes), work and family (who am I sleeping with?).
    It was a good read.
  • Lately, I've wanted to force myself to elaborate on the bullets in my very local news posts. The bullets just don't make me feel like I've told the story.
  • In the UK the average time to pay off debt of those with large debts is 93 years.

No comments: