It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-02-19

Window

Once, on a plane, I gave my self away as a southerner by saying "winda" instead of "window". A window by any other name is still a window.

Once, when playing poker with friends for real money, I was told that I have so many tells that I should not attempt to correct them because they confuse people. I took this as a complement and a sign that I should never play poker for real.

Yesterday at tea time I was described as giving someone a murderous stare. I had an ex girlfriend tell me I scowl at people when I'm listening to their side of the conversation. I have flaring eyebrows, I wonder if that has something to do with it. I was tired and in a spot with some code that I'm in the middle of. I was sitting there not listening, I was just distracted. I worry that someone will take that exhausted look wrong.

At multiple times, I've been told I stomp like I'm angry when I walk. I blame wondering the halls in school. I learned that if I look like I'm supposed to be walking around, people leave me alone. I have no idea how to change my walk. Not sure I want too since I walk the streets of Houston. Who knows how many people have been detoured from messing with me because I already looked pissed.

Many people think I am a genius when it comes to computers. There are some who think I'm incompetent. I'm somewhere between.

On spelling, I cannot spell to save my life. I've had people tell me that I can write, but the misspelled words are too distracting to take me seriously. That's fine. I hope I make you think. My middle school teachers gave up on me.

Every once in a long while I have something creative come along. I'm thinking of blue roof and a poem I wrote before I started blogging about being tired and over worked.

1 comment:

obiwanchunn said...

Okay,

I usually don't get on to you about your spelling, but I think I have to here.

For years you have been misspelling "wandering" as "wondering". The former means to move about. The latter, to sit in a daydream.

You have been misspelling this so much that it has started to rub off on me. The other day someone spelled "wandering" correctly, and I mis-corrected them to spell it "wondering". Of course, I was mocked.

At the time I had no idea where I got that in my head. Reading your post reminded me it was you.