- iRobot , makers of the Rumba vacuum robot, is the probably the only company that sells to bot the Pentagon and to linens and Things. They also make robotics for clearing mines I believe.
- I listen to Market Place Podcast. I never laughed much during that podcast until the last couple months. I catch myself doing that "Laugh rather than cry" nerves chuckle perhaps three or four times per episode lately. The news is not stupid. What people have done and are doing to fix it is what makes my head ache.
- There is a shower head company that slows the flow to a trickle when the water reaches 95 degrees. This is to answer the need of letting the water run while you brush your teeth or whatever. You tap the head some way or another to get the water flowing. This is a green idea that I like.
- There is a fuel cell out there that fits inside a phone. The technology will not run a phone yet, but the technology is being improved at a mad pace. Some day a smart phone will run on hydrogen and last for weeks. Nice.
- Treks in SciFi had a sort of behind the scenes podcast for the
one year episode. One of the folks said she got her mom and brother to
play parts by ordering them to sit "down and act!"
- Facebook offered to buy Twitter. It didn't go through.
- Versions of windows include: starter, home basic, home premium, professional, ultimate and enterprise. Don't look for starter or home basic in the U. S.. God forbid Microsoft offer a cheep alternative. Well, there is always Linux.
- If the FCC had gone after Madoff in 2000, inverters would have lost only about seven billion instead of the fifty billion and possible growing number that happened late last year.
- Had a toasted egg salad sandwich for lunch.
- Every single person was at work Wednesday. The only name without a time next to it was someone who's last day was yesterday. I have no idea what this means. The company has seventy seven people on the time clock.
It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.
Posted by Kelly Hawkins at Friday, February 06, 2009