It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-02-08

I turned 40

Today sucks. On top of all my problems with the neighbourhood we live in, I cannot get a DSL upgrade. No biggy I'll get hold of them tomorrow at work. Well, if I make it to work. I'm coughing my head off. When I sit down I get a flushed feeling. I've taken some over the counter medicine and not it is worse. That is what these medicine does. I'm cold then I'm hot. I'm sick.

The AT&T thing comes from not being able to log in using an AT&T account. I've been on DSL for a decade. I had one of the original email addresses. I never upgraded. This means I cannot change my account while I'm home, on the weekend, online. I had to call 411 to get the number for AT&T residential service 1-800-288-2020, by the way. They are not working on Sunday. Isn't that division now in India? Last time I checked, Nat and I use a 512 down line or something to that effect. I'm looking at a 3000 down line that is not much more money.

The sick thing started last week. I had a sinus headache Thursday, maybe Wednesday too. I've been working like mad and cannot sleep because of the cartel that moved in behind us. We get boom boom music until about four in the morning. The cops sit across the street saying they have no intention of doing anything about it.

I walked out earlier and picked up some trash out of my yard. I also gave the neighbour a dirty look for playing his boom boom music during the day. It, for the moment, is quiet in our neighbourhood. It won't last. I have to try to sleep tonight and I know the noise will keep me awake. I may snap.

The 40 thing is inevitable. It is just one more thing on the pile.

The work thing is bad because I'm working like a dog and getting nowhere. I'll never get a raise because I'm already over paid for what I do. The U. S. I all but headed for hyper inflation. If I stay stagnent, I loose ground. I suppose this is the plan. Now that I'm 40 I hit a new demographic. The don't hire because they are too old demographic.

I surfed to a blog that had a picture on the front of a beautiful woman. She was warring a long sleeve shirt and what kind of looked like swat pants. She was warring glasses and holding her child, asleep, in her arms and she was thinking about something. Possible comforting her sleeping child. She was not smiling. She was beautiful. The accompnaing story was about how she was killed in a car crash. I don't think they meant to show such a touching picture. I don't know ifthe meant to make me tear.

No comments: