It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-02-22

Generation Kill

I just watched the show Generation Kill . Very good show, even for the liberal haven of HBO. I watched it marathon stile. It was hard to watch in places. My favourite scene was mail call in the last episode. One guy gets a letter from his wife via a lawyer  saying she is taking the kids. Another gets a letter from his wife saying she has a handle on things and loves him.

There was a bunch of philosophy in the series. I didn't find myself thinking along with much of any of it. There was a bunch of racist banter and anti homoerotic banter. It is stuff I expect from HBO. There were incompetent leaders and marines who got screwed by incompetent higher ups. 

Watching war films makes me feel like I missed something. Honestly, I fear I would have been one off the incompetents getting people killed. I'm not a detail oriented mover.

No comments: