It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-02-06

Day

I did a million installs today that required coordination with too many people. Everything too k ten times longer than it should have. I get home and my mother and wife ride my ass about not playing this silly little game called Yo-something on Facebook. It doesn't work on my linux box. I have to install Firefox for Windows under Wine and then install flash. It works for the most part, but it, as with all Wine adventures, is slow and takes ten times longer than it should.

Hey,I have a great idea. While I'm trying to get this to work under Wine, why don't I try to play Lost on ABC's page? They have their own viewer thing that refuses to work anywhere except windows, bastards. I didn't get it to work because it gets to 30% downloaded of a full episode and blows a gasket. My whole machine locks up. I'm talking big red switch time.

I even loaded Opera just to give it a try and the flash plugin runs even slower in it. YouTube videos are even chopier. The Geko browser in wine blows too. You can't get Flash running as far as I can tell. What good is a browser these days without Flash? It should not even be able to cll it self a browser. It should be an HTML viewer or something.

At work, a couple people had problems with the Firefox updates. The Google Desktop Search thing is causing IE and Firefox to crash. Now I'm going to have to figure out how that works in order to fix the problem. It is funny that the symptoms are different for the different versions of Google Desktop. At lest,the newer the install, the more likely it is to work. I mean, it could be the other way round.

I'm sick of dealing with windows crap. I've had it. I do this for a living and I'm sick to death of it.

The other day, my friend Adam said something to the order "Kelly, you have System Administration in your blood. No, your soul. When you die, you will network heaven and hell." I'm starting to believe him.

I've been so insanely busy at work that I'm too tired to think when I get home. I'm not sure when anything of substance will show up here. I found out recently that I was linked by www.chron.com. That would be pretty cool, but that is just a one time blip in hits. Then it is gone. I ownder who linked me and what they thoguht didn't suck.

Off to bed.

No comments: