It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-01-17

Weak Blog

This blog is not what I would call a real blog. A real blog informs the readers about things. There is research. There is more than complaining and wining. I have not spoken about the situation in Israel. I'm am 100% pro Israel and 100% for the elimination of a Palestinian threat to Israel. There is my position on that matter, love it or lump it. A real blog is more than a place to speak your (the author's) mind. Something has to be said that matters beyond the author's world. This may happen innately to some authors. Let's face it, some folks simply have important things to say. There was a stripper's blog I read for a while that was informative and gave a gimps in to that world. There was a blog by a firefighter that gave a gimps in to the politics behind being in the rescue business. Oddly enough both of them ended up becoming sales people and their blogs suffered greatly.

Lots of blogs cover a niche. I do not. Some are geek gadget blogs, anti-this/that, location based, person (as in famous) based. All these kinds of blogs have a draw because they act as a filter to let people know how that particular niche is being filled in new and innovative ways every day. This is not one of those blogs.

The niche of this blog is me. You, the reader, get to read about me. That is not enough for most folks. I don't blame them. I like reading personal blogs like this one. They are fading from the scene though. I've been reading that the era of the blog has come to an end. That is not true. What people expect from blogs has changed. Readers want more than what you ate for lunch. If you want to post about what you ate for lunch and your average post only has three sentences of value to it, you need Twitter

This blog is a personal blog. I put up what catches my fancy. I complain, praise (I do , sometimes), bitch and moan, and I put up some things that just might teach you something. Not often though. I'm just not that info4rmative of a guy.

No comments: