It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-01-28

Very Local News

  • The Super Bowl is this Sunday. Super Sunday makes me ill. Some folks say it is Father's day, not Father's Day. Hell, it rose Frank Deford to song. Not many sport events can say that.
  • One advantage of working at a small company was you didn't have to nitpick every minute of your day. At my old job with the huge corporation, we had to track and assign every minute we were on the property. Well, our small company is starting the same thing. This without the aid of Outlook calendar or Blackburies.
  • I added someone's email to my gmail last night. It is scary how satisfying it is to have someone's information. It feels good adding a friend's email to my database of people and businesses. Not sure I get why.
  • I downloaded Windows 7 beta. I have not installed it yet. I have not found a virtual machine on which to run it. No sure I will bother. I'm still hearing both good and bad. Some podcasters are calling it Vista 2.0. Not sure what that means. Some think it is a usable Vista that is not bogged down half as bad as Vista was. Great. What am I supposed to do with my family's Vista machines? I suppose Microsoft would like me to fork over the $200 for a new OS. Screw that.
  • From Sony game devision "You can come in last and still be the leader." That kind of thinking brought us Betamax. Loosers. Remember, Sony sells more PS II than PS III.
  • Red Hat will surpass Sun soon in market share. It will probably not last. Sun has plenty in the pipe for future gains. I use Red Hat every day. I have it on my desktop and most of my servers at work. We have a Sun box somewhere.
  • Kermode ranted about 7 pounds. I caught the twist right off. I figured out what was going on early on. I didn't think much of the movie. I do not feel provoked by it. I guess that is the why Kermode is a critic and I just complain.
  • I am so tired that I cannot function. My eyes are tired. My brain is fried. I'm hungry. I'm lazy and I just can't function right now.

No comments: